The first major update to consoles has been deployed to consoles!
What the developers are calling the Yooka-Laylee spit ‘n’ polish update we will finally be getting a lot of things fixed that were bugging console players! Included will be the ability to skip dialogue faster, bypass cutscenes and a brand new camera mode for more freedom in movement! PC players have already been enjoying this update so many of the feedback given from the PC version has been improved on consoles already! No worries for PC players as these updates will be coming soon!
Those waiting for the Nintendo Switch version will have to continue to wait as they still have not released any big update about this version. It seems as if the team is waiting for 100% confidence then they will update us all!
- New music added to the pause menu
- New manual camera mode added with minimal assist (updated with further viewing distance)
- Camera design improvements throughout game (less scripted cameras, door cams now appear behind player etc)
- Pages have added signposts to Hivory Towers to help guide players to new worlds
- Design tweaks to all arcade games
- Improved speed when scrolling through Totals Menu
- New option for shorter ‘gibberish’ voice sound FX
- New speech volume option
- New ability to speed through dialogue by holding Y
- Cut-scenes can now be skipped with Y
- New moves section added to pause menu, with image guide
- Restart option added in the pause menu during arcade games and Kartos challenges ‘
- Sonar-able’ objects now have clearer visual identity
- Laser move no longer requires player to crouch
- Minecart control and hitbox improvements, plus new visual effects
- Transformation control improvements
- Improved first-person aiming controls
- New first-person aiming control options added
- Improved flying controls
- When transformed, collecting butterflies now restores energy
- Hunter tonic now tracks the last 30 Quills and Casino Tokens, in addition to the Health and Power Extenders. It will also whistle at the location of the closest rare collectible.
- Health UI is now always visible when low
- Design tweaks in various areas (Black Hole in One, Gloomy Gem Grotto etc)
- Arcade games now support per player control settings, such as vibration, inverted aim, and sensitivity
- Improved Rampo boss fight
- Performance improvements
- Audio improvements